Marketing Automation generally describes the automation of processes in marketing by means of software solutions.
Marketing Automation as a software category
Marketing Automation as a software category includes systems that can create and output multiple media channels based on different data sources and databases in a synchronized manner. The data basis includes, in particular, recipient and contact data in order to be able to personalize the advertising material portals. Other functions include real-time reporting and controlling.
Typical media channels in marketing automation systems
Advertising material portals can consist of variable content, matched to audience segments or one-to-one Personalization. This variable content can be recipient data, URLs, images, Moving images, QR codes, geo data, product or media data.
Advertising campaigns as a closed loop
In marketing automation systems, campaigns are usually defined that include various advertising measures that are coordinated and linked to each other. The link is established, for example, by linking in a newsletter to a landing page.
The advertising campaigns in a marketing automation system are ideally designed as a cycle: From planning, execution to evaluation, with campaign results feeding back into the data basis.
Examples for campaigns
- New customer acquisition and regular customer care
- Increase of sales
- Acquisition of event participants
You need help? We offer provider-neutral consulting.
Technical terms for M
- Technical term M-payment
- Technical term MAM
- Technical term Marketing automation
- Technical term Marketing conceptual design
- Technical term Marketing management
- Technical term Marketing portal
- Technical term Media booking
- Technical term Media channel
- Technical term Media convergence
- Technical term Media production
- Technical term Messenger
- Technical term Meta description
- Technical term Meta search engine
- Technical term Meta tag
- Technical term MIS
- Technical term MMS
- Technical term Mobile device
- Technical term Mobile marketing
- Technical term Moiré
- Technical term MOOC
- Technical term Mouse-over effect
- Technical term Moving image
- Technical term Multi-channel marketing
- Technical term Multi-channel publishing
- Technical term Multi-client capability
- Technical term Multimedia